Thursday, February 27, 2014

Everything in moderation

Everything in moderation is what I have learned on my journey. I thought that because I wanted to lose weight all I would have to eat were salads and that all I could drink was water. This is one of the reasons that I always thought I could never try to lose weight because I love food. It isn't until now that I have realized that I can have all the foods I like, just not a ton of it like I was doing. Let’s take chips for example, I love Hot Cheetos, like I absolutely love them. But let’s be real here they are not the healthiest snack ever, actually pretty far from it, but I love them. I know it would be best to leave them but what I am doing is going to change my life forever (if all goes well) and before I decide to leave something I think ”Is this a change I am willing to live with for the rest of my life?” because having a healthier lifestyle is just that, a lifestyle. It’s something that you are going to keep for a long time. After much thought I realized that no I can’t imagine never eating Hot Cheetos again. At least not at the point I am in my life right now. Maybe somewhere along the line I will change my mind, but for now that’s how I feel about this. So my solution was to buy the little 160 calorie bags of Cheetos this way I can have them and satisfy my craving without eating the whole 510 calorie bag (that’s almost half of the calories I am currently eating a day now!). So yeah that’s basically what I am doing with most of the foods I eat. I don’t let myself not have something because I know that I will be thinking about it and that will most likely lead to a binge. Which I try to avoid at all costs. If I want pizza I’ll have some, if I want a burger I’ll have one, obviously it is not an everyday thing, like I said everything in moderation. On those days I know that there is a consequence since I am counting calories having those things does give me less to work with on some days, but it is not an everyday thing so that’s what’s good. I have also come to realize that I do like salads, today I found myself craving one (extremely weird!) but I bought one and it was good. During these two months and losing 22 pounds so far I feel like I have come a long way. I mean I know that I have a loooooooong ways to go but I have more faith in myself that I can do it. Everything in moderation and take every day one step at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Great post about moderation. THAT is a true lifestyle change!

    ReplyDelete