Tuesday, January 28, 2014

How it all began

I have gotten the question asking how I decided to start this journey, so I decided that I would answer it. It literally happened one day out of the blue. I mean not like completely out of the blue but you know what I mean. I have been overweight for most of my life but it didn't get really bad until about seventh grade. I would eat a lot and since I no longer had recess my active life was slowly passing through my fingers to the point where I didn't do any physical activity at all. Obviously the pounds started to add up but I did not really care much to be honest. In eight grade the weight just kept piling on. This was the year where I had a crush on a friend and I realized that he would never like me because I was not skinny. Now that I am older I realize how dumb that was but it did motivate me to lose weight. So the summer between 8th and 9th grade I lost about 40 pounds. I was extremely happy. guys were giving me the attention I wanted. I wasn't super skinny but I was a medium in shirts and a 9 in pants. I have big hips so that was amazing! The problem was that when I did lose the weight I did it a very unhealthy way basically starving myself and eating tuna... lots and lots of tuna. So much that I have not had it since then. I also stopped drinking soda. This I held on to and I don't drink it to this day. Since I didn't lose the weight by changing my lifestyle the pounds came back because I wasn't on the strict diet anymore. So by 12th grade I was bigger than I had ever was before but I didn't care. Then around came college and I gained so much weight. My college has a buffet so I had Pizza all day every day! Obviously that was not healthy. My friends would try to drag me to the gym but I never wanted to go. I seriously hate working out. Like with a passion. I think I went once or twice but that was it. Sophomore year of college comes around and I am in a really happy relationship with my current boyfriend. Both of us love food so we ate out a lot. I don't mean like once or twice every two weeks. I mean twice a day every day of the week. I still can't believe we did that. At the time, which was like four month ago, I really didn't care. My thought was "I'm not trying to impress anybody" I thought it was okay not to take care of myself because I already had a boyfriend. I still cannot believe I thought that was okay. . I watch a lot of videos on YouTube about fashion and make up and I would always find myself thinking how I could never pull any of those looks. This made me sad because I absolutely love clothes. Things changed one day in December. I found myself complaining about being overweight and I thought Why don't I just do something about it? That's when it clicked. I don't want to be overweight for the rest of my life. I want to be able to wear the clothes I want and feel confident in them. So that morning I went online and read about how to get started. The biggest thing I saw was that I needed to count calories. So I downloaded MyFitnessPal and I logged everything I ate. I also got out of bed and began working out that very day. Now here I am today a little over a month into my journey and the small changes I have made have made a difference. 13 pounds down and many to go but this time I am not giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment